that moment when you are creeping through pictures of your former best friend you met nine years ago and stopped being close friends with six years ago (who then deleted you from facebook about a year ago) and you realize you can barely remember hanging out with them or what it was like to be their best friend. what even is a best friend? do those exist anymore?
When the semester ends and all my friends start going home
coffeewithants submitted: Gold!
Gold: Share a story that makes you smile.
After winter break, I was going to my friends’ apartment and was greeted at the door by AJM. He said he had something for me so I closed my eyes until he was ready and then I opened them and SCREAMED AND FELL ON THE FLOOR because I was so excited. He had painted a canvas with a rainbow and added little trinkets referring to little inside jokes we have but one of the first things I spotted was a picture of Mat(t)eo the sloth holding on Mr. Moo, his stuffed animal. He also included Hufflepuff tattoos, beads that spell out “LMS”, a yellow bandana, a heart with a trans* symbol on it, a christmas tree, and a cake he decorated with the Me Gusta face (because my friend made me a me gusta cake for my birthday - that is another smile-inducing story).
you can count on me
I love sloths but I am the
narwhal quagsire with a horn right there
I’ve had a much better day today than I’ve had for the past few days.
Yoga at 7pm!! Then going home.
IRL friends, hit me up if you’d like to chill or drive or shop or cuddle or stargaze or walk around or…
Today (thus far)
- had eggs for breakfast for the first time in a long time (and was reminded of when my grandpa used to make scrambled eggs for me) :]
- felt super wonderful and positive about the world
- wore a shirt with a reading rainbow on it
- went to the mall with LKR
- got the third Millennium series paperback book
- got a yoga positions book
- was complimented for my rainbow shirt
- tried a DELICIOUS falafel and hummus wrap
- saw the director of the LGBTQ Center with T’s child (she speaks now!!!)
- smelled some mostly weird candles
- saw some adorable puppies, hamsters, gerbils, rats, mice, and FERRETS
- got a yoga mat
- ate some baked salty pita chips and hummus
- started drinking some iced coffee
- heard about a hilarious tumblr dream :D